For more than 10 consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report has named Jacksonville University one of “America’s Best Colleges” in the south. A premier private institution founded in 1934, JU offers more than 70 majors and programs, including degrees in business, engineering, marine science, and mathematics, as well as in more specialized fields like aviation, speech pathology, film and animation, and sports management.
The University is divided into four colleges and two institutes: the College of Arts and Sciences, the Davis College of Business (DCOB), the College of Fine Arts (CFA), the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS), the Marine Science Research Institute (MSRI), and its newest addition, the Public Policy Institute (PPI).
Top Declared Majors
- Nursing / Pre-Nursing
- Marine Science
- Social Science
- Aviation Management & Flight Operations
For more details please visit http://www.ju.edu/academics/Pages/Majors-and-Programs.aspx
Jacksonville University is located in a beautiful riverfront setting in suburban Jacksonville, across the St. Johns River from downtown and just minutes from the Atlantic Ocean. The 190-acre campus includes a half-mile of riverfront, oak-lined paths, and a mix of historic and new campus buildings.
Jacksonville University offers more than 70 majors and programs at the undergraduate level, as well as 23 Master’s and doctorate degree programs, including the M.S., M.A., M.A.T., and Master of Business Administration, and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP).
All students who are not US citizens or US Permanent Residents must complete an international student application, with following documents
- Evidence of English proficiency, such as through an official score report showing at least 76 on the Internet-based TOEFL (540 on the paper-based TOEFL) or a score of 6.0 on the IELTS exam, or 51 on PTE Academic
- Signed and certified copies of secondary school transcripts, as well as the results of any state examinations. If your documents are not in English, please be sure to provide a certified translation. An international evaluation of your secondary school work is also acceptable. As we know that every country is different,
- One letter of recommendation from a principal, dean, professor, teacher, counselor or other school official is optional, but recommended.
- Transfer students who have completed college or university level course work outside of the US will need a course by course evaluation from a NACES accredited company such as World Education Services or Josef Silny.
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition (full time student enrolled in 12 to 18 credit hours) per semester: $16,965
- Residence Hall per semester: $3,845- $4,575
- Insurance (per academic year) $1,863
Financial aid is not available for international students, but we do offer $2,500 to $22,500 per year merit scholarships based on your recalculated GPA. You don’t have to apply for a merit scholarship; we will automatically determine whether you qualify for one or not. International students who need additional financial assistance may also work on campus for up to 20 hours each week.